How to Download an App From Family Sharing
Family Sharing is a convenient feature available on Apple devices that allows users to share their purchased apps, music, movies, and more with up to six family members. This feature not only saves money but also allows family members to enjoy apps without having to purchase them individually. If you are new to Family Sharing and wondering how to download an app using this feature, this article will guide you through the process.
1. Open the App Store: Launch the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
2. Tap on your profile picture: Locate your profile picture or initials at the top right corner of the App Store and tap on it.
3. Select “Purchased”: Once you are in your profile settings, scroll down and tap on “Purchased.”
4. Choose “My Purchases” or “Family Purchases”: On the next screen, you will see two options: “My Purchases” and “Family Purchases.” If you want to download an app that you have purchased, select “My Purchases.” If you want to download an app that a family member has purchased, select “Family Purchases.”
5. Browse or search for the app: In the “My Purchases” or “Family Purchases” section, you can either browse through the list of apps or use the search bar to find a specific app.
6. Tap the download button: Once you have found the app you want to download, tap the download button next to it. If the app is already installed on your device, you will see a cloud icon instead of the download button.
7. Enter your Apple ID password: If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to initiate the download.
8. Wait for the app to download: The app will start downloading, and its progress will be displayed on the app icon. Depending on the app’s size and your internet connection, the download time may vary.
9. Access the app: Once the download is complete, the app will appear on your home screen or in your app library, depending on your device’s settings.
10. Enjoy the app: Launch the app and start using it. You can enjoy all the features and benefits of the app as if you had purchased it yourself.
1. Can I download apps purchased by other family members using Family Sharing?
Yes, you can download apps purchased by other family members by following the steps mentioned above.
2. Can I download an app that is not purchased by any family member?
No, Family Sharing only allows you to download apps that have been purchased by family members.
3. Can I share in-app purchases with family members?
Yes, in-app purchases can be shared with family members through Family Sharing.
4. Can I download a previously purchased app that is no longer available on the App Store?
Yes, as long as you have previously purchased the app, you can download it even if it is no longer available on the App Store.
5. Can I download apps from Family Sharing on my Mac?
Yes, you can download apps from Family Sharing on your Mac by following a similar process on the App Store.
6. Can I download apps from Family Sharing on my Apple TV?
Yes, you can access and download apps from Family Sharing on your Apple TV.
7. Can I download apps from Family Sharing on my Apple Watch?
No, you cannot directly download apps from Family Sharing on your Apple Watch. The apps must be downloaded on a paired iPhone.
8. Can I delete apps downloaded from Family Sharing?
Yes, you can delete apps downloaded from Family Sharing just like any other app on your device.
9. Can I download apps from Family Sharing if I am not connected to the internet?
No, you need an internet connection to download apps from Family Sharing.
10. Can I download apps from Family Sharing on my Android device?
No, Family Sharing is exclusive to Apple devices, so you cannot download apps from Family Sharing on an Android device.
11. Can I download apps from Family Sharing if I don’t have an Apple ID?
No, you need an Apple ID to access and download apps from Family Sharing.